Xmas eve to Xmas morn,

Henry100

6pm Xmas eve and the kids are asking "Is it time for bed yet Mum ? "

Mum running around like a headless chicken doing just that "The chicken/Turkey " will it be big enough ??" Did i do the stuffing ?

By 6-30pm The question again!!  Is it nearly bed time yet Mum? 

No it is to early and get away from that fire (the kids think they heard something moving up the chimney ?????)

She thinks to her self the times i have tried to get them in bed at 9pm and it is like world war has started, Why can't we stay up a bit longer?  But not tonight.They all want to go early "I wonder why? "

8pm and Mum has had enough and the kids are put to bed, The Kids ask?      Father Christmas will come wont he ?

Yes but only if your asleep, Is Mum's reply

By about 1pm all the prep for Christmas day is done, The cats been put out and as the mum & dad heads hit the pillow they are asleep

Until  it starts (about 7am) the screaming/Yelling, Oh look what I got and this & this,

Paper being ripped off the presents, what sounds like thunder as the kids go running down the stairs and up again, the bouncing on Mum/Dads bed, toys held in hand with the request

thrown at Dad,  "Come on Dad" Get up and show me how my electric car works?

I thought you bought the Batteries  Mum replying   No I thought you did!!!

Paper all over the floor, the youngest child quiet by the tree with a face like a bad make-up artist had done the face paint but only used chocolate !!!

The electric car is a push around the floor car for now !!!! (By 9am Mum will be back at the store standing in line wanting to know why the car was not supplied with batteries?) But that's another story.

By 2pm the dinner is served, all the trimmings all the pre days work is in front of the hunger driven family and it is now eat time

(When the phone rings) Always about the same time every Christmas  (As the fork heads for the mouth) That was My mum wishing us a happy one,  By Christmas Pud time and every one is about to over load with food the phone rings yet again !!

It is your mum wanting to wish all the kids a merry one  (The table shakes as the kids fight to get to the phone and Granny .

As the family takes to sitting in front of both the fire and TV. Mum thinks "Well another Christmas day dinner over for another year"

And they are all full (As is the sink)

Merry Christmas to you all.

• Like 1