Tax forms - recording income from a rental property under the regime reel

thepenofmyaunt

Our house in France is let out on a 3 year contract. We want to use the regime reel as the property doesn't make a profit so we want to be able to offset our expenses - mortgage,etc.

I can't find anywhere on the forms we have received where we need to note the rental figure and expenses so I'm wondering if it's on a different form.  Any advice gratefully received as I want to get it in before the 31st May deadline.

Thanks

[quote user="thepenofmyaunt"]

Our house in France is let out on a 3 year contract. We want to use the regime reel as the property doesn't make a profit so we want to be able to offset our expenses - mortgage,etc.

I can't find anywhere on the forms we have received where we need to note the rental figure and expenses so I'm wondering if it's on a different form.  Any advice gratefully received as I want to get it in before the 31st May deadline.

Thanks

[/quote]

Hi,

Download form 2044 and its " notice " .  You have to opt for the "regime réel" if your gross rents are less than 15 000€ pa. --normally you would be automatically under the "micro-foncier".

[quote user="thepenofmyaunt"]Thanks Parsnips.  I thought the regime reel was for rents over 15,000 euros pa though, not under[/quote]

That is correct, which is why Parsnips wrote that if you wanted to use the regime réél when your income is under 15000€, you would need to opt-in to the regime réél (which means that you are in the regime réél for the next 3 years); if you don't opt in to the regime réél, you would as default be considered to be under the micro regime.

Regards

Pickles