AE earnings & tax return

trastu

Hi there

Sorry if this is a silly question or if it has been answered before (I have looked, honest!)

My husband registered as an auto-entrepreneur in Nov of last year and we opted to pay the income tax along with the cotisations so I was wondering if we need to include this income on the tax return as it has already been taxed?

If we do need to include it on the tax return which box do we put it in as I can't seem to find a section on the form that corresponds to AE earnings.

Thanks in advance

Tracey

Hello Trastu,

There should be no more tax to pay, but the income is part of overall

revenue, so needs to be included on your déclaration des revenus.

The chiffre d'affaires (CA) for Nov/Dec 2009 should be declared on Form

2042C

See HERE for more detail on how to fill it in.

Hope that helps

• 3 weeks later...
Oh great - because I have been wondering the same thing.

I have just gone and got myself a 2042C form.

can I just clarify, if anyone knows, that it is just the one box to complete under section B1, because the very last line on the back page (8I Divers) has something about auto-entrepreneur which I dont quite understand :

auto-entrepreneur: versements liberatoires d'impot sur le revenue (box 8UY) - do I need to put anything here please?

Other than that - ready to go scuttling down the impots on Monday afternoon in my normal fling it in the post box and run fashion !

[quote user="londoneye"]something about auto-entrepreneur which I dont quite understand : auto-entrepreneur: versements liberatoires d'impot sur le revenue (box 8UY) - do I need to put anything here please? [/quote]

If you took the option to pay the 1-2% fixed income tax rate for AEs then the total amount goes in there (I think -- it's not mentioned in my tax guide and I'm still nagging my wife for her figures).

Yesterday we received an attestation from the RSI outlining the amounts declared for 2009 and where to to enter them on the tax form 4042C.

I would imagine that the RSI will send attestations to all AE's with the information relevant to each one - hopefully before the end of the month lol!