Taxe d'Habitation - Exemptions?

savoirflair

We have just received our first demand for the taxe d'habitation.  I see at the top of the page of notes, something which appears to be something like 'who is exempt?'.  And then it mentions people over 60 years old.  As my husband is over 60, does this mean we can get the charge reduced?

The house is in my name only, and I am currently under 60.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Amanda

[quote user="savoirflair"]We have just received our first demand for the taxe d'habitation.  I see at the top of the page of notes, something which appears to be something like 'who is exempt?'.  And then it mentions people over 60 years old.  As my husband is over 60, does this mean we can get the charge reduced?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.[/quote]

It looks from your profile like your French property is a holiday home. As such you are not eligible for a reduction on your taxe d'hab.

Regards

Pickles

[quote user="savoirflair"]We have just received our first demand for the taxe d'habitation.  I see at the top of the page of notes, something which appears to be something like 'who is exempt?'.  And then it mentions people over 60 years old.  As my husband is over 60, does this mean we can get the charge reduced?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Amanda

[/quote]

Hi,

You have to be french fiscal resident , and in addition to being over 60, your "revenu fiscal de référence" has to be under the limits shown at the bottom of the notes page. If you're not taxed in France , you won't have a "revenu fiscal de référence".