Tax: transfer of on-line certificate

allanb

I have been using the on-line tax service at impots.gouv.fr, with a certificate created when I was using Firefox as my browser.  I'd like to change to Safari, which I use as my browser for most things (I have a Mac).  

When I use Safari to go to the tax website, it says "there is no certificate in this browser".  Does anyone know if there is a way of making the existing certificate available to Safari, to avoid having to cancel it and set up a new one?

Thank you.  However, although I've made a copy of the certificate, I can't find any way of importing it into Safari.

The Safari "help" file contains no reference to this under either "import" or "certificate".  

Can you point me in the right direction?

Aha! With a Mac, apparently you have to use the "Keychain Access application" which is actually part of the Mac operating system, not the browser. Try the Mac OS help files or google "safari browser certificate import".

Regards

Pickles

No luck.  The "keychain access" procedure gives me a message:

An error has occurred. Unable to import an item.

The contents of this item cannot be retrieved.

Doesn't look good, does it?  I think I'd better stay with Firefox.

Thanks for trying!

[quote user="allanb"]I have been using the on-line tax service at impots.gouv.fr, with a certificate created when I was using Firefox as my browser.  I'd like to change to Safari, which I use as my browser for most things (I have a Mac).  

When I use Safari to go to the tax website, it says "there is no certificate in this browser".  Does anyone know if there is a way of making the existing certificate available to Safari, to avoid having to cancel it and set up a new one?

[/quote]

Just a heads up - posting on this forum is much easier with Firefox.