Finding a fosse in your drive!!!

for what it's worth - I bought my last house "tout à l'égout" - then the large green machine fell in something while doing our new roof - turned out to be related to sewerage (it stank!)

Apparently the OUTLET from the old fosse septique had been connected to the mains, and there were all these tanks before that we didn't know about...

"tout à l'égout" does not mean it's direct :)

[quote user="Patf"]Does the micro station d'épuration deal with grey water as well as toilet waste?[/quote]

I'm replying to my own question (answer found elsewhere):

A micro station d'épuration is a system fosse toutes eaux, ie  it is designed to receive all waste water coming from your property.

In other words , "Yes".

For Fosse Septique enthusiasts, I just got the bill for emptying ours and general cleaning of pipes etc - 672 euros! It was a very clever tanker with its own built-in pumps & high-pressure hose, but charged by the hour (4 hours at 131 euros) and by the cubic metre. Ours is a modern system, nicely buried and landscaped. Since it was our first time, quite a lot of the four hours was wasted working out what equipment was where, and what action was needed. Next time I'll do the unskilled excavation and preparation myself in advance, and the cost should be much less.