The real cleaning of the really dirty area's

Henry100

Hello grass cutter(s And now we really are starting to get deep down to understanding your RIDE-ON Mower,

Tools needed

(1) Wheel Clamps 4 in all (I will again explain how to make your own)

(2)  A SCRAPER (METAL) is best

(3) A stiff brush for getting into tight spaces

(4) Compressed air line with  attachment for blowing air into tight spaces to remove dead grass dust etc

(5) Sponge/plenty of rags Bucket soapy water

(6) WD40 SPRAY / OIL CAN WITH OIL / GREASE GUN + GREASE and a small headed screw driver (this is for slightly loosening the grease point nipples as they can be stiff) And by slightly prodding the end of the spring activated ball bearing !! you can loosen the this and  use the grease gun to push the grease inside the area to be greased)

(7) SOME FORM OF PORTABLE LIGHT ( I use the plugin strobe electric inspection lamp with a wire cover to protect the glass cover)

(8) A lawn mower lifting frame or a ramp, (more on this subject later.)

(9) It is a very good idea to have spare belt/belts for your own Lawn mower at this stage "As while under the machine you can see the state of the belt/belts and if they need changing Now is the time to do just that (Belt changing will be done  as a complete

subject later)

(10)  All Safety   kit ie eye/ hands/ mouth/nose covering and floor covering (cold back no good) a sliding lay-on rack is a good buy,

Some sort of head covering (The dust and bits really do get into your hair and head, cover it,

(11) A vacuum cleaner with long reaching hose and a good brush and small shovel And a plastic bin bag for all the waste, You will be amazed how much stuff you get off your mowers underside ,

This completes our list ,

Well have a good look at the above and get the item's ready for the big clean of the underside of the mower,

I have not forgot the nice body work, that comes later,

Our next task Includes removing all the well stuck grass etc, & the belt Inspection and what to look for ? The checking of the steering couplings/ greasing and oiling of the same / all cables oiled/or Greased /the wheel's removed cleaned/ Hubs re-greased  checked replaced and the Tyre checks and what can go wrong if these are not checked when cutting the Lawn??/ Peddle and cable check's The rear of the underside of the mower etc, Grass Basket & holders.

I Look forward to our next task Lets clean.