Ride - on engine oil/ & Oil filter change

Henry100

Greetings garden lovers, Lets start by making sure we all understand that before any service/repair or general work on any vehicle the Safe way of working must be number 1,

So here are a few pointers as to what i have and in some cases will say why.

LIST OF SAFE ITEMS.

(1) Rubber gloves

Oil/grease/ Petrol/  can have a bad reaction on bare skin

(2) EYE Protection

Battery fumes /splashes of acid can cause really bad eye problems

(3)

Smoke alarm (tested & working

Fire in the workshop while working under vehicle & out of sight can cause damage and death,

Smoke from running engine again is deadly,

(4) First Aid Kit,

And knowing how to use it, make sure you have a eye wash in it, and keep the first/aid kit well stocked;

(5) Emergency Numbers, (And your own contact address/Phone number helps speed things up should you need to tell the operator?  "In a panic things can get frustrated .

Have a notice  with all the emergency  on it, Near the First Aid mounted box is a good place

1 minute ago, Henry100 said:

Greetings garden lovers, Lets start by making sure we all understand that before any service/repair or general work on any vehicle the Safe way of working must be number 1,

So here are a few pointers as to what i have and in some cases will say why.

LIST OF SAFE ITEMS.

(1) Rubber gloves

Oil/grease/ Petrol/  can have a bad reaction on bare skin

(2) EYE Protection

Battery fumes /splashes of acid can cause really bad eye problems

(3)

Smoke alarm (tested & working

Fire in the workshop while working under vehicle & out of sight can cause damage and death,

Smoke from running engine again is deadly,

(4) First Aid Kit,

And knowing how to use it, make sure you have a eye wash in it, and keep the first/aid kit well stocked;

(5) Emergency Numbers, (And your own contact address/Phone number helps speed things up should you need to tell the operator?  "In a panic things can get frustrated .

Have a notice  with all the emergency  on it, Near the First Aid mounted box is a good place

Now the list to check your nearly ready to start the oil change/Filter change,

The correct engine oil (ie grade and or summer or winter grade)

The new oil filter (correct one)

The engine drain plug (new copper washer) The old washer tend to shape into the nuts final thread and become compressed "this can cause a non tight seal and after a while drips can appear,

The correct socket set to remove the drain plug !!!

The oil filter grab loop wrench to remove the old oil filter (If you do not have one i have a solution, I will explain when we are doing this removal"

A 4 or 6 inch deep container for the old oil to drain into, ( I use one of the old oven roasting tins ) "Do not tell her indoors"🥺 "

Possibly the use of a ladies hair dryer (more the reason why later.

A long screw driver and a drill and thick bit (the bit a little thicker than the screw driver and long enough to be wider than the complete circle of the oil filter (more about why later)

And that is your start up safe working List and your oil change item list.