Getting Married

Can anyone help - My partner & I wish to get married within our commune (79) however as we do not live there and as the british holidays are not generous - we have found that as a 40day residency is required - this cannot happen.

However if we get married in the UK does anyone out there know of a minister who can perform a blessing or if indeed the Mairie is able to conduct a civil (french) ceremony.

We have invited over 50 people to our wedding from the UK at least and unfortunatley as the British Embassy did not inform us of the residency order I am getting a little stressed to say the least

Can anyone help...........plsssseeeeee

LAST EDITED ON 30-Jul-04 AT 12:13 PM (BST)

Hello.
I live in Chef boutonne commune, and I am getting married in Oct but in Uk because of some silly rules at the Marie. I am also a anglican priest, and I am sure I am write in saying that the
anglican priest in charge for Potiou Charente would talk to you about a wedding dedication as it is now called.
His name is Revd Michael Hepper. E-mail is [email protected]
Tel No is 05 49 97 04 21. We may know each other. I live in Lussais, and I an bernards patner.Please let me know the result.
Best wishes.Molly Langridge