Can anyone recommend a hotel in Parthenay?

We have a completion date at last on our house in St Aubin le Cloud! (1st Nov) We hope to stay in a hotel for a few nights in order to sort out the house, buy beds etc... I have looked on the internet, there are a couple of hotels in Parthenay, but can anybody recommend one... or in the surrounding area betwixt Parthenay and Secondigny for instance....?

I'm not sure I ever had your email adress, but if I did, I'm afraid I've now lost it!

Anyway, the phone number for the place is 05 49 95 31 44, and the email is [email protected] they are Mr & Mrs Gerard Baudouin, and it's a Chambre D'Hotes/Camping a la ferme just outside of the village, in the general direction of the dechetterie!

We had a couple of freinds stay there recently (in the B&B, not a tent..) and they proclaimed it excellent, also, the owner supposedly speaks good english if needs be.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

If you haven't already booked it, I would wholeheartedly agree with Tim's recommendation. Gerard & Marie-Ange are our friends and neighbours, and they are the most charming and hospitable people you could hope to meet. They have a chambre d'hote (B&B) which is lovely (my uncle and aunt stayed there this summer), plus they have recently installed three new self-contained chalets, which are a bit bigger if you need more than one room. 

Congratulations on your new house ! I'm sure you'll be happy, as St Aubin le Cloud is a very friendly village.

Thanks Tim, Wendy and Jim et al.

We have sorted out somewhere to stay courtesy of Michelle and Lee (Alias Chezchells I think..)

We will have the keys on 2nd Nov...so will be around St Aubin's up until the following Sunday. If anyone fancies a cup of tea or something stronger (can't guarantee I have a cup or glass by that stage!) please pop round, you'll be more than welcome!

Leigh