CHARENTE MARITIME

Hi, I live here and i've spent 4 out of the last 5 months looking for a house in 17 for some good friends. I would advise you to start in Saintes, as there  are about 20 agents there, mainly concentrated in Ave. Gambetta which is the main road running through the town.

You can find them all in Pages Jaune on the inernet. I've checked just about all of them out, and would be very happy to discuss them, and the general area with you, so i'll send you a pm tomorrow with contact details.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Carol

All of those areas already posted are nice, add another to your list though and you'll be astonished at how beautiful and peaceful this department can be...  Venice Verte.

Sounds great doesn't it.... think of 'Wind in the Willows' and your nearly there.

I live in Marans about 10 min from the Coast, its the end of the VV. Let me know if I can help

Hello to Angie too.. bisous

Andrew

You're right, that is a really lovely area, but I have always wondered, are there loads of Mosquitos in the summer?.

We stayed in a great place, which I would recommend to anyone, and I was not troubled at all, but that was the year of the canicule, and locals said the mozzies were less bother that year.

Re the mozzies in the Venice Vert - they say (the French, that is) that there are so many dragonflies there that they keep the mozzies under control. (That's mozzies not Ozzies, Hendo!!) It is a very beautiful part of this very large Dept., it just goes to show the diversity in this area, from the rolling vineyards of the Cognac area, along the banks of the Gironde estuary, the ritzy sea-front at Royan, the stunning architecture of La Rochelle, the miles of beautiful beaches, acres of sunflowers, and the Venice Vert. [oops! Hope I haven't given too much away, don't want everybody moving here].

Season's greetings to all!
Angie

• 2 weeks later...