Computer Repair - Moulleron/Chantonnay Area?

Hi

My father is having problems with his laptop and needs it checking over but has no idea where he can take it where he may make himself understood

( having only moved over in the last few weeks and having very little french ) Her is near Moulleron on Pared - does anyone know of anywhere reasonably local to him that they could suggest ?

thanks

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

We live 5 ks south of Mouilleron en Pareds.  Regrettably I've had quite a few probs with my extremely old computer over the past year.  Best place I've found is in Chantonnay.  Called SIS Informatique at 58 Rue Nationale.  Park in the main car park (next to the church and market hall).  Walk from the car park to the main road and turn left, shop is about 25 metres on opposite side of road to car park.  Has sign outside.  Owner speaks good English and is very helpful.  Prices are quite reasonable too.

Sometimes, but rarely, owner is not there and his assistant, who has virtually no English but also very helpful, is in charge.  If your father has sufficient French to make him understand - no probs.  If he can't understand you he'll ask you to come back at a certain time when the owner is in.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Jack

I, too, have used this guy (I live in Chantonnay). My French is passable but techno jargon is out of the question for me (...it was in England!).

I found him helpful and knowledgable. The shop is tiny and a tad untidy but his quality of service is testified to by the fact that there are always folk gathered there chatting away, a bit like a club, so you need to "insert" yourself and ask for service otherwise it will be assumed that you, too want to "hang out"!

RogerM