Mum (or Dads) and Toddlers/Babies

Hi,

Looking for any Mum's and Tot's groups in Deux Sevres which I can take my 3 1/2 year old and almost 2 year old to.

Alternatively, if you've pre-school children who would like playmates and are interested in meeting up, drop me a line and we'll see if we can arrange something.

Without sounding negative naps, these things are very rare to find. You might wish to start one up yourself.  If you live in a big city there are more facilities, but rural France does not provide these things and relies very much on extended family networks or childminders - Nou Nous as they are known.

Halte Garderies exist in the larger towns, but it is a place where you leave your child where you go off and have coffee/get your hair/nails done.

France does not have these things as french culture often is completely different to the English.

Hope this helps.
Deby

hi, yes we are here, but im too far away from you, im in Charente maritime, and i don't drive otherwise my 3 year old and I would have been there like a shot.  We are quite rural in this area, although i do live in a town, but i have to say when i first moved here last october i found the lack of mums and tots groups in the area one of the hardest things to adjust to, as i was used to a few hours peace a week, chatting with other mums whilst kids played and invariably argued.

I hope you're successful in finding some other mums, i have met another mum in my area via this website, and its been a godsend to both of us.

Emma (pons)