Foam/Sponge Help

Hi

Does anyone know where I can purchase a piece of foam (60cm x 50cm) for making a cushion.  I live near Partenay in 79.  what I need is one piece. I have already purchased a packet from one of the "La Tissuterie" shops but unfortunately the size meant I had to cut and patch, which simply didnt work.  Poiteirs and Niort are not too far, but wondered if anyone knew of somewhere I could get one piece.

thanks

hi, i noticed last time i was in our local foire fouille, they had a huge range of foam, cushion and pillow stuffing, think i saw some in gifi as well, if you have one of these shops nearby you could give them a try.

Happy hunting

Emma  pons dept 17

Thanks for the replies, I will certainly try the local markets. Not heard of " foire fouille" before, can you throw some light on this for me??

Taq its nothing to get excited about I can assure you, back in the UK at the famous (or maybe infamous) Bury Market, which is north of Manchester, there was a "Foam Man" whose only purpose in life was to meet the need of sad people like me who try to make cushions rather than buy them from say  Tesco or currently L'clerc!!.  One day I am sure I will wake up and realise  its quicker and often cheaper to do the Latter, but not quite as satisfying.

hi, just tried to search in vain for a website for foire fouille, but i cant find that they have one.

Basically, i dont know if you had them near bury, but they are like our wilkinsons from home, a store that sells loads of things for the house/toys/clothes but at reasonable prices, not as cheap as a 99p store but not as dear for products such as Tesco etc.  Last time i was in our local foire fouille, all the locals were buying deodorant buy the basket load as it was nearly two euros cheaper than supermarkets, have to say though there is a lot of tat in there as well, very popular in 17 though as our local one is open sunday afternoons, and on the two occasions ive had to go on this day, it has been packed in there.

I cant think of a way other than to ask neighbours if they know of one near you. All ours seem to be on the out of town sites, rather than in towns.

Sorry couldnt be of much more help.

Emma pons 17

Thanks Emma will ask around. We did have a Wilkinsons in Bury so I know the sort of shop you are on about  In Parthenay they have "Noz" which can be good fun on a rainy day!!  More often than not a load of tat but sometimes a few little gems buried in there. Alas no foam to date!!