Pumped concrete

Has anyone any details of where we might procure some wet poured/pumped concrete? What we are searching for is a firm who deliver the concrete  in a lorry and then pump it out through quite a small nozzle. We have tried Gravieres in Gemozac, but no joy -anywhere in 20k radius of Gemozac would be ideal.

Thanks

Pouyade

What have you been asking for then ?

Most if not all the towns and some large villages will have a company that will have ready mixed concrete lorries.

The French name you are looking for is Bèton prêt à l'emploi and will

be found in your Pages Jaune or on the net http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/

This is what a quick search near Gemozac produced. You can punch in

towns or villages nearer to you if you want. Be warned they are often

dearer the further they have to travel and it is not cheap in the first

place but is easier eh !!

Agence Commerciale Aquitaine

ZA de Plain 8 r Réaumur 17640 Vaux sur Mer Tel 05 46 23 37 90

Unité production de Dolus d'Oléron

Route de Saint-Pierre 17550 Dolus d'Oléron  Tel 05 46 75 46 36

Unité de production de Veaux-sur-Mer

ZA de Plain 8 r Réaumur 17640 Vaux sur Mer 

Tel 05 46 23 37 90

• 2 weeks later...

Afraid I cannot point you to a supplier of this service, but I know what you are talking about.

I have seen liquid concrete pumped through a 50mm hose under very high pressure using a large diesel compressor ie the type on inflatable wheels which gets towed by a vehicle. 

The artisan mixed the concrete himself and this was then poured into a dustbin like resevoir which connected to a the pressure pipes coming from the compressor.  It was a similar arrangement of kit to that of an industrial sand blaster, if that helps.

The liqued cement in this case was pumped via holes into old stone walls where voids needed filling. 

You could try speaking to a plant hire shop and explain what you want to do.  They may be able to bring together the different pieces of kit so that you can do the job yourself or hire an artisan to do it for you.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pouyade

Sorry to hijack your link, but did you find a company for pouring concrete in tehg emozac area, if so, can you pm me with details (and prices if you have any) as we will need a bucket load of concrete shortly! Many thanks in advance[:)]

Kimberley

Chadeniers 17

Quite a few of the 'builders merchants' supply concrete in this way.

The price is calculated per cubic metre with an additional charge for a pump.

The last time I looked the prices were about 80 euros a metre for the concrete and about 20 euros per cube for the pump.

Garandeau have lots of depots and they do deliver ready to use concrete, look in pages jaunes for the nearest depot