Vendee advice please.

Hi, We brought a lovely stone cottage (unfortunately derelict but hopefully soon to be rejuvenated) just outside Chantonnay in the Vendee. We were very fortunate in finding an excellent french immobilier who speaks almost perfect english and whom we thoroughly trusted. They do have an english website so I reckon you could do a lot worse than start there.www.chantonnay-immobilier.com/ Monsieur Benjamin Fruchet is the agent. The Vendee has some lovely countryside is easily accessed and we have found the locals to be very friendly. Good hunting

Thank you all so much for the helpful advice. The Vendee is somewhere where I think my wife and I would love and therefore we'll explore it as soon as is practable. There seems to be a variety of types of living accommodation which is great with a price to suit.

Just hope the fishing is good too???

[:D] 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Macker the area around Bazoges en Pareds and Vouvant is wonderful for alsorts of relaxing hobbies; fishing, walking and wind surfing.  We enjoy long summer holidays and short breaks there very much, although I found it really cold in the winter. My husband does go fishing there but never comes back with much !    Is that because he's a bad fisherman or that there aren't many fish? I don't know !

There isn't alot going for the kids (we have 3 & 6 year olds)  it's case of making your own entertainment.  We've met up with a couple of families with children (contacted through this site) to break up the holidays. Going to the beach is an easy journey and is rarely very busy.  Our dog loves the freedom to roam and it's no trouble with the pet passport.  If you're not bothered for being in a really tourist area it's a great place to enjoy the scenery, relax and make new friends.

Emma [:)]