B&B in La Rochelle

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced  hotel or B&B establishment in La Rochelle?   We're looking for 2 double rooms for one night, a walkable distance from the City centre, early July.

Thanks.

We always used to stay in the Hotel Saint Nicolas when we visited La Rochelle - but we haven't stayed there since our last visit to La Rochelle in 2002. If it hasn't changed hands, and I don't think it has, then it is great - central, family owned and run, modernised with a characterful renovation of old buildings. The rooms were all a good size and all different. It used to cost 48€ a night but I see prices now start from 60€ - inflation! The hotel does breakfast (if you want it) but no other meals, but then La Rochelle must have the most amazing amount of superb restos ever in one place.

http://www.choicehotelseurope.com/hotels/hotel?hotel=FR262

is the closest I could get to a web-site - it looks a bit grim on that site - it looks a lot better in the flesh and it is very well-located. And they can manage some English - if you need it, of course. They have cheap secure parking too, which is crucial in La R.

Sue

Edit: Gosh! How things change - it says on the site that the hotel does lunch and dinner - wow! [:)]

Thanks - I've checked it and there are no rooms available.  I know it's during school holidays so maybe we're too late.

I guess this is the price to pay when you can't decide what to do for a birthday treat....        [:(]

Why not try Ibis. Basic and cheap.They have 3 hotels in La Rochelle, 2 on either side of the old port and one in the centre near the bus station. I'd opt for the one near the bus station if you want a quieter a hotel as it's set in a quiet side street yet only 5 -10 mins walk from the old port.

lynpy