6 Laying chickens free to good home.

Hi there

We are relocating and i have 6 laying chickens available. 4 Rhode island reds 1 Sussex light and a grey one. They have all done one laying season and have just gone through first moult. We are near Roussines area 16 close to borders of 87 & 24.

I would prefer they are kept for laying    :-) rather than the pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are interested please email [email protected]

Thanks

Hi Vickybear.  Would love to say that we would have them but don't really know very much at all about keeping chickens.  We do have quite a lot of land but assume we would need somewhere safe for them to be at night, which we don't have at the moment.  Do you keep them in a fenced off area during the day or do they roam 'free range'.  Always wanted to have chickens when we moved to France but our friends in the UK seem to have problem after problem with their hens which has sort of put us off a bit.  I think I'm giving off 'buying signals' here and just need a bit of encouragement but if you are looking for experienced chicken keepers then perhaps we're not the people.

If you get absolutely stuck for a home for them then get in touch.  We live between Chalais and Aubeterre, just by the Charente/Dordogne border.

Lynda M

Hi

We have kept chickens since we moved to France in 2003 and have loved every minute and never had a problem.  We  are moving to the area between Chalais and Aubeterre (hi Lynda seems we will be neighbours), but we won't be in situ for another couple of months.  when are you relocating?  I would happily be another fall back if you don't find anyone before you have to go.