Rogue Builders

Hi All,

I haven't posted for ages cause we've been in the midst of a nightmare and I wanted to warn you all so that no one else has to go through what we have been through.  Hopefully by not mentioning any names I will not breach protocol.

You may remember back in feb i posted for advice under the banner 'help my roof is missing'.  Well 7 months later and we are still embroiled in a battle with the roofing company - a supposedly reputable company who are considered the biggest in Charente for building works.  They left us COMPLETELY without a roof for 2 months and are refusing to fix the damage cause by all the rain that came in over this period.  To add insult to injury instead of just replacing the one bad beam they took a chainsaw to all our lovely old beams and have replaced them with new straightcut wood which is half the width of the old stuff.

The beautiful plastered ceiling in the lounge is totally destroyed and there is too much more damage to mention. 

If anyone would like to know who to avoid when getting work done please email me and I will enlighten you.  Please be careful - just because a company is well known doesn't mean they won't completely screw you over.

Good luck