Digger With Driver Wanted.

We have a plot of land a few km's from Civray (86) and we are looking for a digger with driver to skim the site, dig out the foundations and the fosse. My husband is a builder and wants a JCB / CAT or similar, but not a mini digger. It needs to be a big'ish one. But not necessarily a swing shovel.

We are not intending to start work until October or maybe spring 2008, but would like to discuss our project on site the last two weeks of July, hopefully we will be in France then.

If anyone has, or knows someone who has a digger of this size, I would be really grateful for their details.

Regards,

Liz.

Have you thought of doing it yourselves?

Blanchards at Savigne (just before Intermarche on the Charroux road) hire out machinery of all sizes. (We hired large mini digger and tipper truck for around 300 euros per day - the digger is charged by the hour of usage). You could also ask in there for recommendations of a French outfit.

I do know guys with diggers in the area, but unfortunately none of them are registered so I cannot recommend them (fools unto themselves I say!!).

Good luck.

Thank-you Zeb for your suggestion. I am familiar with Blanchards at Savigné and have looked at their web site. I have been in touch with several people with diggers, both French and English and hopefully we will be sorted out soon.

Liz