Are there any Brits under 50 in the Charente-Limousin area ?

Absolutely nothing wrong with the over 50's I have several very good friends who are...... but we are looking for friends of similar age to us ....   i.e. 30's/40's.

I knew I would get a reply of this nature.......maybe I am wrong (I hope so) but there seem to be very few younger Brits over here.

Valentino is the No 1 in my book.

I really go back to the days of Ron Haslam, Freddie Spencer, Randi Mamola and co. All greats in their day. I had a meal with Ron at the rider of the year award ceremony one year and have a signed oil painting of him in my computer room.

World Superbike is on TV tomorrow...................

Hello

There are some 30s/40s and we are a couple of them, we are in the Charente though and so are the others we have met, would be about an hour or so from Limoges I reckon, would travel for a good party, got one in mind???

Panda

Hello

Well, now you're asking, umm generally I'm thinking largish gathering of like minded souls, stars would be nice, alchohol the odd bit of dancing for those who care to, poerhaps a bring a bottle and a tent party (to save driving)....  But hey you're the one who was looking for company, what did you have in mind, what prompted the post??

Panda

[quote user="audiop"]Just looking out for some like minded souls/friends of our age because we seem to be surrounded by much older people, and I was wondering if we were the only under 50's in the area ![/quote]

I'll bet you,re starting to wish you'd never asked now audiop........................[:D][:D]

Second hand bike prices look higher than the UK, but shop around and you'll find yourself a good deal.

Hello

Well the straight answer is yes there are, do you play cricket by any chance as there are a few teams around these parts who are always looking for players, they play in the french league and also play touring UK teams from time to time.  It might be a way to get out and meet more people and contrary to popular belief there are french players as well as english, there is also a french national side who also come over for a game occasionally.

Panda

Hello

For the SW league they are mostly south Charente and Dordogne, teams are Bordeaux, Angouleme, St Aulaye, Damazan.....  There are also some teams further north, Saumur (loire) etc.  I would guess the Charente/Dordogne might be a bit too far west and south for you?  My husband has been known to travel for 3 hours for a game but then he is a bit cricket mad.  We have moved to within 40 mins of his main ground so there is less travelling now, not that that was the only criteria for the move but it was certainly considered.  I'm all for ensuring you can get the most out of life and for my OH that includes a game of cricket whenever possible, each to their own I guess.

Panda