Interpretation

idun

un délai d'exécution de 1 jour ouvré maximum à partir de la date d'acceptation

This is about something from my french bank.

I know what I think it means, but how would you interpret it, especially the 'date d'acceptation'. When would that be exactly?

I take it to meant the date whatever is agreed/signed.

For example:

a loan application is made and is agreed in principle by the bank.

The paperwork is sent to be completed and signed (date de réception, followed by délai de réflexion).

The paperwork is dated, signed and returned (date d'acceptation).

In this case it refers to virements. My belief is that once they debit my account they have their 'date d'acceptation'.

They apparently think that the date the can be bothered to deal with the actual transfer is the 'date d'acceptation'.

I transfer money regularly to the UK. It always arrived the following day, around lunch time as long as I asked my bank to do it by 10h30 french time. Sometimes it would get their same day I asked for the transfer. Since my bank has been taken over it takes 48 to 60 to 72 hours and this is not acceptable as far as I am concerned, in fact last autumn we thought it had gone missing, it was delayed that long.

In my role as Shylock the month end loan shark I now & again transfer from Rothschild in Suisse to a bank in the UK.

The modus operandi will be similar under the SEPA rules; in effect the transfer will be credited to the target account in the UK after it's reception, this is called the "date d'acceptation". I always insist that the beneficiary advises me of the date the account is credited i.e. the "date d'acceptation" and if I am not informed then I stop the transfer. The credit in the account will only become active on either D+1, D+2 or D+3 as previously agreed when arranging the transfer.

I have never done this with a french bank but it works like clockwork with banks in Suisse. 

https://www.creditmutuel.fr/becm/fr/banques/becm/actualites/SEPA/moyens/virements.html

P.S. There are changes to be introduced inn the next couple of years.

Yes, this is SEPA virements.

I always ask to be told when the money is credited, but this does not always work. The good thing is that I can keep my eye on my bank accounts easily enough on the web.

I am awaiting comments from my french bank about this, but so far have heard nothing.

I don't know the complete answer to this, but it looks as though the

phrase used by your bank is a quotation from the SEPA rules, and if you

look at the entire rule it makes it a bit clearer, I think:

le délai d’exécution ne peut excéder 3 jours ouvrés

à compter de la date d’acceptation de l’ordre par la banque

du donneur d’ordre

It would seem that the 3-day SEPA clock starts ticking on the day when your

bank "accepts" the instruction.  I suppose there could still be

argument about exactly what that means, but your bank should be willing

to tell you.