snow holiday pyrenees

Hi

We are looking for info and accommodation for 3-9 January 05. Snow holiday in pyrenees.

John & I cross country ski-ing (not too stenuous mid 50's) and daughter & son-out-law snow boarding. Areas of Bagneres des Bigorre, La Mongie or Bagneres de Luchon.

We live in 47 near Duras

Looking very resonably priced accomm, self catering with minimum of one sep. bedroom.

any advice welcome

Lizs

We were down at Argeles sur mer this summer and spent a lot of time visiting the Pyrenees. We stayed in an apartment on the coast that also has studios and apartments at La Mongie and Font Romeu. We only have a summer brochure so have no idea of prices for winter but the company has a website www.maeva.com. We were very pleased with the accommodation we had.

Lizs,

Just been looking for some links for my website and came across www.skifrance.fr which might be useful to you.

• 4 weeks later...

It might depend whether you mind driving to your skiing. La Mongie is pretty ugly but Bagneres de Bigorre is a lovely town. We have a house just outside. It is about 25 mins to La Mongie for downhill skiing and about 15 mins to La Payolle for ski de fond. I am sure you could find better value accomodation and meals in Bagneres