does anyone have info on creche or childminding facilities in and around cahors..

for 1 and half year old child. any recommendations appreciated. also looking for music / dancing classes. we are bilingual so no problem on language front.

also how does it work if we make ourselves french resident to get financial help iwth the child? my partner at the moment is not that well so not really working and i will need help with child to be able to work (trying to write a book!!!). thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hiya Blade,

I am a Childminder from the UK that has now settled here in the chenaud area of the dordogne(also have intentions of writing)Myself, my Fiancee and son have been here for 7 months and i have advertised my work through various Forums(i am also a Registered Carer)! but at the present it seems, no-one is looking for Childminders, and i have looked the lenth and breadth and i can count on one hand the prospect of needing carers for the elderly and Infirm very limited, they must either be a fit bunch, these French or because of the lack of Conversational french that i know, then it lowers my chances.I hoped not as it seems there are also lots of Ex Pats here also. I have over 15yrs of working as a childminder as i have two boys(now teenagers), but it was a way of making an income when they were growing up, without leaving them, although i do know lots of parents have no option but to work to make ends meet.

R&C.