Hi

We are in the process of moving to France in October, we have narrowed the area down to either Midi Pyrenees or Limousin, we had thought about Mazamet but was told its called 'windy city' has anyone got any comments, wouldnt want to decide & find we are blown away all the time when we really want to warm & sunny area.

Thanks Pauline

If you are as you say looking for 'warm and sunny', Limousin would be the last place I would choose Pauline. In our experience over a lifetime, every time we hit Limousin in the car, it's grey, raining, cold. I know I'll get abuse from local residents, but you only have to look at how green it is (cows grazing?). Also it's a climb from Brive so though I don't know the exact altitude, I think it's quite high. However, maybe in 10 or 20 years time with climate change, it may be the best place to be. Good luck with your search. (Tongue firmly in cheek here).

I'm afraid I agree with Sue.  I can't count the number of times that we have driven south and seen the weather change for the better once you get past Limoges.

Will never forget one time, driving northwards out of Limoges where within minutes the scenery changed from green to white and everything was frozen with ryme (?) whereas we had come from a lovely sunny winter's day in Lot-et-Garonne.

Perhaps I am slightly biased - we spent four hours stuck on the motorway at Limoges  in the snow earlier this year!  

Judy 

Thanks for the comments Judy & Sue, we have friends in Limousin and read quite a lot about the weather etc, we got the impression it was wet, think we will stick to our original choice of the Midi Pyrenees area.

Thanks again

Pauline