Paypal payment

Chancer

I have just sent a Paypal payment to someone who requested it, all I needed to do was to enter the amount and their E-mail address, it seemed to easy, so how does it work?

This was an ebay seller and the payment was for an additional item to go with what I had bought, it should have been included but hey-ho! Anyway he has a Paypal account but what if I were sending money to someone who didnt, how could they access the funds? Also how much would they lose.

It all seems a bit too easy, is it really that simple in this day and age of anti money laundering?

Back to the item, Paypal asked if it was for goods and I ticked the box to confirm, will I have the same buyer protection if the goods dont arrive?

To have a PayPal account, you must have a bank account ( or in some cases a credit card) linked to it, so the recipient of the payment can access the funds.

The money laundering part would be looked at the recipients end if necessary

If you send payment for goods, then the seller will pay 20 pence per transaction plus 3.4% of the amount received and you are covered for non receipt of the item by PayPal.

If you had send the payment as a "personal" payment, then if the seller was in the same country, then they would not have had to pay anything to receive the funds, but you would have had no protection if it had not turned up or other problems with your item.

If the recipient of the funds was overseas, and payment was sent as "personal" then PayPal charge a very small fee to send as a personal payment.

Don't worry, its an excellent way to send payment which works very well.