Autoentrepreneur "gutted of its advantages"?

Pickles

Mind you the numbers quoted are n'importe quoi, I despair when even the government cant do a simple calcule or worse still appreciate the workings of AE [:(]

The numbers quoted on the average chiffre d'affaires are much too high as they assume that the whole amount is imposable whereas there is a substantial abattement of around 68% IIRC and cotisations are only imposed on the remainder.

[quote user="Debra"][quote user="idun"]

[quote user="NormanH"]The convoluted tax situation 5-element mentions is one of the less obvious consequences of working in France

Yes you are right. As I worked enough in France to qualify for a small pension I like 5e am  à la charge of France for health cover and so have to pay côtisations on my income.
The rule is that if you get a pension from the country  you  live in it is that country which is responsible for your care, even if you worked much longer elsewhere.
On the other hand if you worked in several countries it is the one where you made the most contributions which is responsible.

This will possibly mean that those who have worked a bit in France and built up entitlement to a pension will find themselves in the same case as 5e and I...paying social  charges in France.
[/quote]

Not quite NH, as 5E said and you your self have said, you are both under french health care, even though you paid most elsewhere. We, now living in the UK, will be eventually under UK health care when the UK pension eventually starts, even though that is the smallest part, residence apparently has a lot to do with it too.[:)]

[/quote]Aren't you saying the same thing as Norman did, Idun?  Aren't you under UK healthcare already though, being a UK national and resident there?
[/quote]

No, 'fraid not, we are not simply under the NHS being resident and UK nationals. As the CNAV/CPAM were so useless, Newcastle hassled us for the forms (E121) from France which took about 15 months to get hold of.  Before this we had to hand in an E106 from France, which was far easier to get hold of. We still pay cotisations in France and that makes us french dependant for now. When the UK pension kicks in then, we will be under the NHS and no cotisations in France.

Sorry idun but living in UK I don't understand why you are not automatically under the NHS

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/Entitlementsandcharges/OverseasVisitors/Browsable/DH_074386

From which I quote;

Returning to the UK after a period of time living away?

If

you go anywhere abroad for more than three months, either for a one-off

extended holiday for a few months or to live permanently for several

years, but then return to the UK to take up permanent residence here

again, then you will be entitled to receive free NHS hospital treatment

from the day you return. So will your spouse, civil partner and children

(under the age of 16, or 19 if in further education) if they are also

living with you permanently in the UK again.

Couldn't be more black and white.

On what basis are you being refused and what criteria are you expected to fill to receive it ?

Also:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1087.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=162

Blast, just had my post disappear and asked me to log in again. and I'm having to start again.

I have a three page letter from the DWP. And had typed out a longish reply.

Boils down to UK law being over ridden by EU law:   Council Regulation (EEC) No.1408/71 of 14 June 1971 - Articles 26 to 33.

Believe me I did look into it.

What it means is we pay cotisations in France and then they pay the UK, so we pay in the UK as we have paid Peter to pay Paul. CEAM from France too, if the lazy lkjdfqlkjdmlfkjqsdmlkjqdm's can be bothered to send them out, the last ones taking about 15 or was it 18 months, so much has gone wrong........ they took 19 months to sort out not paying the pension properly. So not only lazy but useless, and the most unsupportable have been the lies......... 'Madame Idun, we have tried to call you on several occassions'........they didn't.