Driving from Avignon to Nice airport

After reading how awful the autoroute has been the last few days, I am not sure whether to give it a try or not. I have to drive down to Nice to pick up my daughter from the airport. Anyone have any suggestions as to whether I should try the autoroute or take a smaller road??

Last month while on my way to the Marseille airport, got stuck near Cavaillon for two hours due to a bad accident. Frustrating as there is no way to exit the autoroute, you have to just sit there until all is cleaned up and traffic can move again.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

at this time of year you are still probably better off using the autouroute. I would just allow yourself a little extra time to get there. You do not say what day you are going but obviously Saturday's are the worst.

It gets snarled up at the peage at Lancon and also just before Frejus but all the others are ok. Getting off the autoroute to turn into nice airport can be snarled too but although it is slow going it does move.

Suggest you use your credit card to pay on autoroute that way there seems to be less wait .

good luck