Has anyone any idea if there is a French version of the good old English builders merchant in the Carcassonne area? You know the place, you go in and there are 3 people in front of you, the bloke behind the counter gets half way through serving someone and goes to get a cup of tea/coffee and it takes for ever to get served. BUT the goods are good quality and are a reasonable price. All the tradesmen go there and laugh at the prices charged in the 'sheds' and they are worth their weight in gold! When you get your face known you can even get trade prices.....

Do they exist here?????

John.

"We have two in Quillan but then we are a bit up market here."

Hi Chris,

Do you mean up market or up hill? And I assume that the out of date stuff came from the Fourmike-a factory?

Just you wait and hope that the Marie don't make you put a piscine type fence round your moles! Danger to shipping all those new hills  .

For once I my life I was trying to be delerious serious!

John.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

Not sure if this is what you,re after but found TRIDOME ( a bit like B&Q) in Carcassonne very good. The staff were helpfull, and the place user friendly for us Brits although i found the products a little expensive 

Steve