Luberon/Le Thor visitors need advice...

I have some friends...mainly Americans but some Germans and Italians as well as a good party of Brits....who are visiting the region around the 15th of Oct.

As some of you may or may not know, Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe are currently shooting 'A Good Year' by Peter Mayle in the area. (La Canorgue I think) Anyway, its coming to the end of the shoot and Russell and some of his mates are putting on a concert locally at Le Thor.

I think most people have already sorted out their travel and hotel arrangements. But I wondered if any 'locals' on this board had suggestions/recommendations for other visits/restaurants that they could check out. Its always useful to get inside info....otherwise it can all get too expensive and you always miss the best places. (Or worse still, find out about them just before you are due to go home!0

Thanks for any suggestions....(from an interloper from the frozen reaches of  Normandy.:laugh

Hi,

We live in Vedene, which is the next village to Le Thor. There are so many places to visit in the area - it really depends what they like doing. Some examples:

Sunday antiques market at Isle sur la Sorgue.

Les Grottes de Thouzin at Le Thor (if still open)

Fontaine de Vaucluse (famous village with a mysterous, bottomless spring)

Gordes and Baux de Provence (famous beauty spots)

and Avignon (Pope's Palace, Bridge, trips on the river as far as the Camargue)

Restaurants - many and varied (full price range).

If you give me more details of requirements I can try to give more info.

At the moment the weather is very mild and sunny here - I'm not sure how much longer it will last. I wish them happy holidays anyway!

Elaine