Anyone know of a good place to get some logs near Limoux or Carcassonne?  I get some from a pal who buys a big load, each autumn, but he has a larger woodburner and I'd like to get some cut to the size of my woodburner and delivered whilst I am next down...which will be in August!

LizzieJ

Hello

Sorry but I cant help you at the moment but I have also been asking around for the same thing (although size dosnt matter as im handy with an axe)

Im north of carcassonne in Pradelles and will also be out there in August hoping to stock up for our winter visit, So If I get any results I will let you know and if you hear of any one will you do the same?

many thanks

Hello

coming from Vileneuve Minervois on the D620 towards carcassonne, near the canal is a round about near a small trading estate, there is a man advertising chopped logs on the side of the road,

These are the only instructions on how to get there i was given. If you do find it will you let me know how much hes charging and if he delivers and how far?

regards

Marcel Revel, on the Pont Rouge trading estate (Where Intermarche and Netto are) on the Mazamet road

enter off little roundabout then first right and first right.

They will offer you a choice usually,(take a list of woods if you want to know what they're talking about!)

And they charge for delivery (probably quite a bit to Pradelles!)

You might find someone nearer, ask a neighbour,  they'll know where

you can get it.

David

Hiya, My wood supplier is on the D117  run by a nice lady! I have a small wood burner that fits in a fire place. I took a sample size with me and she not only cut it all to the right size, but she turned up on the correct day in the morning as promised and I didnt need to remind her! I think I ordered in June/July and took delivery in the September. Her number is 0468205514, cant remember her name.  But it got me thinking, when I bought my place near Quillan I got a bunker full of coal. Does anyone know where I can buy coal from? I have not run out yet, but I would need to top up for the winter after next. Many thanks

Thanks again for that David , I shall have to remember to jot that down into my note book of words im going to use while out there, its getting quite long now[:(]

In your travels around Pradelles have you ever used the resturant there in a hotel called Les Phailas (spelling?) Do you know what the food is like?

Our Man, Christian Barthas lives in our village at Miraval Cabardes he charges  55 euros for a stere phone 04 68 26 31 40 is probably a bit closer to Pradelles. His wife is a bit nutty (poor thing), so ring in the evening as he might not get the message.

Marcel Revel gets his wood from the Montagne Noir and I was told by a neighbour that you had to phone him to order.

Hi David. Hetre is beech, ash is frene. There is also the chance of getting the grubbed up vines. They burn well but tend to leave a bit more ash. We got the last lot from Chatau de Brau near Villemoustaussou just North of Carcassonne, but I don't know if he would deliver to Pradelles Pauline. By the way, good luck with the signing.. We had a 5 X 4 foot trailer load, well heaped, for 10€ and a large van load is 80€. You could probably get the vines from almost any vintner, there's LOADS around our village...