A380 at Carcassonne Was anyone there?

Are you sure it was the A380? If it was then the only thing it could do is a fly past. Mind you that would have been impressive. There is no radar approach at Salvassa and the approach for the N/W wind is directly and low over Bass Carcassonne. Also the runway is far too short. I would be very surprised if it was allowed anywhere nere the airport at low level. If it was then I for one would love to have seen it.

We often see it flying over our house at about 5000 feet or more. It just seems to hang in the air. Fantastic! If you hear any more Kira then please let me know?

• 2 months later...
The A380 was at Perpignan on Monday afternoon (18 Dec) and very impressive it was too.  Saw it land as I was driving up to the airport, and for the next two hours it performed a series of circuits, sometimes landing, sometimes just doing a touch-and-go.  It managed to take off using about half the runway, though it was a very windy day, and it was noticeably quieter than Ryanair's Boeing 737 whether landing, taxiing or taking off - much quieter.  I suspect it was the first visit to Perpignan, because everyone from ground staff to gendarmes were out with their cameras.  I presume they were using Perpignan for trials because it's close to Toulouse but much less busy.  I would guess that if the previous report about Carcassonne is correct the same reasoning applied.

[quote user="Btuckey"]

[quote user="Pilot"]The A380 was at Perpignan on Monday afternoon (18 Dec) and very impressive it was too.  [/quote]

Ryanair have bought three, they hope to get 8000 passengers in each. [;-)]

Brian

[/quote]

Nah, thats the low density seating version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard they have gone for high density      [:D]