Commuting from Haute Savoie

We are aiming to do this from next year = not to London, but back to Antwerp on a regular basis.

Best thing we can think of is to have OH drive you and drop you there = much cheaper than long term parking in the Geneva area... but if you find an alternative solution, do let us know! TIA

There are long term parking deals at Geneva airport - you can get 25% off the long term car park if your car is registered in Haute Savoie.  P51 isn't bad value compared to other carparks in Geneva or other airports  http://www.gva.ch/en/Desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-304/ for reduced tarifs.  At least when you get off the plane, you are right beside the car (no buses to long term parking) and on the motorway home immediately. 

Geneva in general is hell for parking, and there isn't really a regular public transport option for anywhere near there from that end of 74.  Free parking is rare around there.  You could try parking in Palexpo, the huge exibition hall beside the aiport.  We were at an exibition there and managed to park and get out without seeing a ticket barrier.  It might have been a once off - most parking loopholes in Geneva seem to be closed as soon as you find them!  Let us know if find anything...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
This is an old thread but.....

Park in the short stay at Geneva, go to London, on return go to the entry barrier, push button and take a new ticket, pay minimum fare at the machine, collect car, go to exit and leave....one weeks parking for virtually nothing.

Shhh.

Evianers, I really wouldn't risk it and I have never seen anyone doing that either, the swiss take some things very very seriously and getting money out of people is one of them.

Yes, those knives 5-element. They used to sell them in the duty free part of the airport, I know that they shouldn't be, but I wonder if they still are, I'll have to look next time I am there. I have to say Geneva is my favourite airport. Easy to get to. Easy to find my way around it. Efficient. The new parking deal isn't as good as it was, but it isn't bad either.