I've heard that Ryanair is planning to open a route between Bristol and Carcassonne. I've searched all the appropriate sites but can find nothing to confirm the report. Is it no more than a rumour?  If anyone knows something more concrete, I'd be grateful for any info.

Thanks.

Sorry to break up this lovefest.  [;-)]

I haven't heard this rumour about Bristol to Carcassonne - last year I heard that one of Ryanair's plans was for Edinburgh to Carcassonne and, as there are no flights yet from Scotland here, I'm really hoping that my rumour's truer than your rumour [:P][:D]

[quote user="Gardian"]I know that it's a bit of a trek to the Aude, but were you aware that Jet2 are going to operate Edi - Avignon?  Sats only, mid-June - end-Aug.[/quote]

Thanks - I hadn't heard about this one.  I think we're a wee bit closer to Girona Airport which flies directly to Glasgow Prestwick, but will keep hoping for a direct Carcassonne/Scotland flight [8-|]

Not heard about a Bristol - Carcassonne route yet

The Shannon route was originally going to be Prestwick.  There should be a Frankfurt Hahn route soon but Ryanair don't yet have it on their site but we've been told about it.

Ryanair lose their 'hold' over the airport later this year and the airport goes to the Region rather than the CCI with that will come more airlines possibly.  However there is a problem on the apron as it will technically only hold 2 737-800's so slots are limited.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Easyjets Toulouse to Bristol seems to be pretty good - I'd guess it's popularity is assured by the number of Airbus folks buzzing back and fore (the ones not on the private "air bridge")

I'd certainly like to see Frankfurt linked up with a lowcost carrier down here.  Air France from Toulouse is always pricy for that route - Frankfurt's transatlantic routes are often good value - so it would make for low-cost-USA trips  [:D].