Safe place to leave a bike in Paris?

Crevette

You can get a bike for 89 Euros from Decathlon which seems like a good deal if you want the occasional bike ride.

The only problem is where to leave it in a safe place for the days when you don't use it. Anyone any ideas?

Regards,

-Rob-

• 2 months later...

[quote]You can get a bike for 89 Euros from Decathlon which seems like a good deal if you want the occasional bike ride. The only problem is where to leave it in a safe place for the days when you don't use...[/quote]

Sadly it's not really worth looking for a safe place - more a case of buying two decent U-locks (one for each wheel) and taking the saddle off.

I live in the south suburbs of Paris and had the front wheel of my push bike stolen. These days I ride around by scooter and have everything to secure my scoot and make life as difficult for the would be voler as possible.

In the end you can only do so much, but it helps to satisfy the insurance company that you did all you could to keep your bike or scoot safe.

[quote]You can get a bike for 89 Euros from Decathlon which seems like a good deal if you want the occasional bike ride. The only problem is where to leave it in a safe place for the days when you don't use...[/quote]

Found somewhere yet?.... Where about in Paris?...

I know someone with a cellar where he keeps his push bike ... I am sure the bike would like some company!!

Possibly with a little rental...(Sorry he is a bit of an Ebeneezer...) he would consider the proposition...