We have just finished moving into our holiday home outside Vire. On the border between Orne & Calvados. We plan to spend about one week a month in our new cottage.

As our interests are centred around food & wine and a bit of walking! is there anyone out there in our area who would like to meet up occasionally to share the odd meal and chat about France?

Stewart (40), Alison (38) & Adam (10)

Cheers,......Stewart

LAST EDITED ON 22-Jan-04 AT 03:02 PM (GMT)

We're somewhat further south, but if it's English links you are after then Sourdeval, a few km south of Vire (in Manche as it happens, but all the borders converge in that area) has a high proportion of English-speaking people, shops selling English goods etc. Look out too for the fish and chip van coming to a commune near you...

Will (50)

Hello,
I love the name Fabrice...!!
Anyway.. We are abit south of you ,like Will, in Brecey. If you are foodies, you need to vist the le Moulin de Jean at Cuves, it will be worth the drive. www.lemoulindejean.com
Maybe we should all arrange to meet there one day?
Good luck in your new house!
Kind Regards
Ronni

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Stewart

I read your e-mail and wondered if your son is being home-schooled. Our children are currently in school in England, but we are moving out to Barenton for 6 months and I will be home-schooling our two boys aged 7 and 9. Beyond that, our plans are unclear, but we are spending those 6 months doing up a place we are in the process of buying.

I am really interested to know how the arrangement you have created works for you as we may end up in a similar situation.

Regards

Gillian