Tax form - private pension

sueyh

Where on the tax form does one put private pension.  Sorry asking for a friend and have looked on FAQ and could not work out private pension bit, only state and government pension.

Thanks in advance

Suey

[quote user="sueyh"]Where on the tax form does one put private pension.  Sorry asking for a friend and have looked on FAQ and could not work out private pension bit, only state and government pension.

Thanks in advance

Suey

[/quote]

Hi,

If it is a purely private personal pension , purchased by you and with no connection with an employment , then strictly speaking it should be declared as a "Rente viagere à titre oneréreux" on page 1 2047, and then on 2042 boxes 1AW to1DW, depending on your age  when it was first paid .

Although these pensions get favourable treatment for income tax , the taxable part is liable to full 15.5% CSG .    Many people on modest incomes , who have accidentally entered these pensions as purchased annuities resulting from a company scheme (Page 1 2047" Pensions retraites,rente"s and 2042 1AS -which is where you should enter a company pension .." ) have ended up better off.

Hi Parsnips

I thought (could be wrong!) that the appropriate percentage of Rentes Viageres attracted 13.5% Social Contributions and the 15.5% rate only applied to "pure" investment income ie interest, dividends, insurance policy profits etc?

gpnoel

[quote user="gpnoel"]Hi Parsnips

I thought (could be wrong!) that the appropriate percentage of Rentes Viageres attracted 13.5% Social Contributions and the 15.5% rate only applied to "pure" investment income ie interest, dividends, insurance policy profits etc?

gpnoel[/quote]

Hi,

As far as I know it is the full lot as these pensions are regarded as investment income .   The full CSG has recently increased from 13.5% to 15.5%.