Can anyone in the Pontivy / Baud area recommend a place that sells net curtaining off the roll? I need some with a drop of about 52cms - the 'sideways' stuff with the loops for the cafe rod down the side as it comes off the roll - (rather than the rolls of 'lengthways' stuff with the holes for the rod that repeat every 25cms or so across the roll).

I'd be grateful for any answers by Wednesday midday - after that I'll be reduced to sitting on the Bretagne and making my own with lining paper and scissors!

Hope this makes sense - if it doesn't it's because men generally don't do curtains (doesn't show though, does it?!!)

Adrian

I'm pretty sure you can get it off the Pontivy marlet in the big square. I have seen it at Intermarch, the bigger ones. Lace netting is big in Brittany, not quite the way we do it in the UK, more 'panels telling a story.' Still some is really nice!

Adrian,
You'll find what you want in Vannes - only about 25 mins from Baud and with shops for every budget.
Go at lunch time - no parking charges from 12 to 2 and it's always worth eating at Le Sinagot (just inside the arch leading off the 'front'.)
Their seafood is sublime !
Where are you, by the way ?
Phoenix (Jude) and I have a hovel in Pont-Augan ; in fact she's over there now leaving me with the cat for company !!!
Mark.