Hard to believe it's June after the storm we had here on Wednesday night. It was probably the scariest we have had in the 3 years we have lived here. We are just a couple of kms from Utah Beach and the wind was ferocious as it came blowing in across the marsh. Trees were uprooted in our field and we were without electricity for 15 hours (hence the delay in posting this note). Unfortunately the rain was minimal and the garden is as dry as ever, it is like gardening in concrete! I know the ferry from Portsmouth to Cherbourg was cancelled and there were a few car accidents on local roads. Thankfully it has calmed down today and the sun is shining but I wonder what other surprises the weather has in store for us this summer.

Still unfortunately residing in the UK for a while yet. They mentioned on Wednesday's Weather forecast that the low pressure bringing all the wind (and rain in UK) passed right over the Midlands,and was the lowest pressure reading at this time of year since the day before D-Day 60 years ago. Normandy would have received very similar wind.

Whilst I am on the subject of wind. I keep coming across references in France to the 'Great Storm of 1999'. Can anyone expand with details.

Tony