I now know that I am going mad....

I clicked on this topic because it said "hiring a cat" - why would anyone want to hire a cat? Actually, I did once - for a photo shoot. It was dead, stuffed and curled up like it was in front of a fire. Once the photographers assistant had combed it, it looked bostin'. Cost £140/day (inc carriage) mark you.

Can't help you with a cot hire place. Although if you are completely stuffed, I can lend you one, if you are willing to drive to Dinan to collect & return it; no charge (for inspiring me to dig out that 'photo for a larf...)

Sorry I can't lend you one as baby is still cot size ( when it suits her ! )

If nobody replies maybe one of those travel cots would be suitable , they are about £20 - £30 in the bigger supermarkets and would make a good Christmas present aswell after

Thanks everyone for replies, good idea re asking gite owner, will try that.

Nick, regarding stuffed cats, if you go to the But furniture shop in St. Lo, there are lots of what look like real cats that have been stuffed, used as decoration on beds, chairs etc., they even sell them!! I would rather have the real thing, I have three cats, though one has been nearly stuffed several times especially when she puked up into one of my slippers!