We are in the Lannion/Morlaix area. Does anyone know where I can buy red split lentils and oats (proper oats not the porridge ones in a box) and Indian spices?

I'm sure someone told me of somewhere but I seem to be storing so much new information in my head at the moment that some gets lost along the way!

Hi Gwen

Try: COOP C.O.C.C.I.N.E.L.L.E
88, rue de Paris
29600 MORLAIX
Tél. : 02 98 63 42 04

Also at the markets there is a guy who sells spices, and not too expensive, I think. Good luck!

Oh for pities sake, the auto censor is censoring me! lol!! So read the word for ladybird without the fullstops...

I'm not sure about lentils and oats but the place I would try first in Morlaix is the Bio co-op which is in the same area as BUT and NOZ but across the road and just before the Magazin Vert, sorry I can't be more specific about the address but it is quite easy to find.

For spices I find the man on Morlaix market on Saturday is as good as anywhere. He sells lots of spices in small plastic pots at something like 4 pots for 3 Euros. He's usually on the far side (coming from Grand'rue) of the big car park. Check the french names of the things you want beforehand, I nearly came unstuck with Turmeric the other week. I assumed the french would be virtually the same as english, it isn't!

Liz (29)

Ah but don't forget this Sunday is the first weekend of the Paris school holiday and there are many down here for their family visits that don't go skiing,hence the bigger market. You will probably find many stalls disappear after the next two Sundays until summer holidays arrive.