[quote]Any advice on where to get gravy granules and proper firm seedles grapes around the Moyuax/Cormeilles area would very much appreciated. Chuck[/quote]

Make a good strong stock using bones (easily obtained from the butcher), onions bits of vegetables etc  Boil in a pressure cooker for at least one hour or in a large pan for ages.

Cook the joint with sliced onion around.  Once the joint is cooked strain off the excess fat add flour and fry until brown.  Gradually add the stock and return to the boil stirring to make smooth.

Adjust the seasoning.

Who needs chemical powders to make gravy?

You can darken the gravy by adding well browned salt.

CHRIS

You can buy a range of basic sauce powders eg veau, volaille,viande. Ducros do a Fond de Sauce -Veau which I am currently using. Just add stock, wine, or even just water. Puts Bisto and the like well and truly in the shade. I think Maggi also do a range, and some supermarkets have their own label versions  

I am happily blowing their trumpet,

http://www.epicerieanglaise.com/

Free books, bacon. Anything you want really, they will source it. Includes M&S clothes, Body shop, bags of cement, whatever.

Fantastic lady called Sally and husband run and operate in markets, mail stuff in freeze boxes, make Christmas/Easter/birthday cakes, chutney.

As I said, I don't work for them, just one very happy customer!!!