Hi,

Does anyone know where abouts in Avranches , the Saturday Market is? and any suggestions for parking? I am taking 12 friends in 3 cars and want to be prepared!

Many Thanks

Hi Sharon!

If I were you I would park next to the Jardin de Plantes (towards the General Patton memorial - i.e. the tank!).  Then cross the road and carry on walking in that direction - down to Avranches from that side looking where people are coming from with their baskets!!  You will have more chance of finding 3 parking spaces here - whereas the one in town is often nearly full on market day.

Hope this helps!  How is your house now by the way - do you have a loo at last?

Valerie

If you go right to the bottom of the page on the link mentioned above and click on "voir le plan", you'll see one of the main car parks right in the middle of the screen.

Just to the right of it is where the tourist office is.

If you then scroll the screen to the right there is a church.  Market is in this area...mainly on the streets before the church and above it, on the map.

Would get there earlier as parking can be a bit of a pain, but it is well worth it.

Hopefully this make sense.

Regards,

Thank you everyone! Sorted! I knew I could count on you..

Map and directions from Tank fab! know exactly where I am now.

Thank you!

Valerie,will e-mail you , hope you are all well and Happy!

That's true Miki - mind you, terminal 1 at CDG airport is such a depressing place that Macdonalds actually improves it, and there aren't any slides or playhouses at that branch. There, I never thought I'd say that...