Fabienne Boutroy at Peuplingues, near the tunnel.   She has the cats in a large pavillon at the side of her house, on a farm where she also does dog grooming.   The cats have large cages with beds, ladders to climb and toys. 

There are no other good catteries in the area to my knowledge, though there may  be some further inland.   Fabienne also boards horses (but not dogs), and is highly recommended by our vet.   Boarding is expensive (€7 per cat per day) but worth it.   You can contact her at 03 21 86 25 24.   She doesn't speak English;  if that's a problem let me know.

Would she know of any good boarding kennels in the area for dogs.  We move over in September and it would be handy to find somewhere decent to leave our three dogs, one being a Rhodesian Ridgeback that can't be kenneled outside, when we come back to the UK or go on holiday - if we can't they come with us. 

Many thanks. Suey

I'm afraid that we haven't managed to find any good boarding kennels for dogs.  Thereis plenty of choice, but they are all pretty miserable.   In some the dogs don't even have outside runs and sleep on straw.......

Eventually we advertised in the local supermarket for someone willing to look after a dog in their own home, and found a great place in the next village that the dog can't wait to go to.  But with three I can see that it would be ratherdifferent.

Opalienne.

Thanks for the info re:  cattery. I have made a note of the name of the lady who runs it and also her telephone number. I hope your info is helpful to others in the area too. I also think that 7 euros a day is as good or better than UK catteries. No problems there![:D]

Sandra[:)]