Selling land

wessex100

Hello, Newbie here.

I have a few questions..we have accepted an offer verbally for a plot of land in Gers. Can someone please answer the following.

1. How long is it likley to take for the sale process?

2. We no longer have a French bank account. Do you think our Barclays will be able to handle the transfer of funds?We have not asked them yet.

3. We don,t really want to visit for any signing so how does the proxy work?

Thank you in advance

Wessex100

Do you not have to pay taxe fonciere on this land? and if you do, why did you close you french bank account down??

I suppose that it will be possible to have the funds paid into your UK account, speak to your notaire, after all it is they who deal with everything.

I would have thought all taxes and outstanding charges on this sale will be deducted at source before the vendors get the residue and considering its only a couple of months until taxes Hab and Fonc are due again, it may well be done then via the T.Public.

Hi. We have just completed the sale of a building plot in the Dordogne. It took 5 months from the initial offer to the time we actually received the funds. The money was paid straight into our U.K Halifax account by the Notaire  in the Dordogne without any problems (just a £7 fee from the Halifax). We just had to supply the Notaire with our Bank's International Banking number (IBAN) and BIC number. Your Bank will give you these details. We too had a proxy which the Notaire arranged on our behalf. All very straightforward. Hope this helps!