[:)]  Hello everyone!

I am hoping to move to Brittany later this year from the UK with my mum and my grandmother (and our 2 cats!).   Can anyone tell me the bestway for us all to meet people, make new friends, learn French and get involved ?  We hope to be living in Huelgoat and any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Huelgoat has a lot of british people living there so you will soon come across them and they should be able to point you in the right direction. You can enquire about french lessons at the local mairie and the local associations, which although you can join might be a bit difficult to converse or understand until you are speaking french fairly fluent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[:D]

Hi Sorrel2.  we purchased a property in Guerlesquin not too far from yourselves, last July. hope to move there next year with my husband, we have made many visits over the past 12 months, and have already made many friends in the village and surrounding area, people are very keen to help newcomers and learning french becomes easier with each visit.....come for a visit over the xmas to our little village ....we are there between xmas and new year.