Good morning we are moving before Xmas from Normandie to department 85 and fairly near to Fontenay le Compte.

We know within Normandie that there are well-respected organisations (mainly ex-pats) who do a wonderful job in removals and come highly recommended.

However for a whole host of reasons we would prefer not to do our own packing and yes we appreciate the extra cost but as I say there are reasons.

Of course we could go to yellow pages but does anyone please have any direct experience on this specific point?

Thankss

Nope not really just turn up and collect and away they go.  Seriously its obviously going to cost but for reasons I would not wish to go into we would far prefer to pay for a total service.

Thus its quite simple really.  And of course I equally could hire a van here in France and do the job myself. I prefer not to.

rdgs

I recently completed a long distance move and we went with a company called Guigard who are part of the Déménageur Bretons group.  They were fine.  We took an option where they "wrapped" the furniture and provided the boxes, but the actual packing was done by us.  They did offer an all inclusive service, which we knew our employers would not reimburse!  However, we got several quotes, and went with the company that offered a reasonable price although not the cheapest, for various reasons.  A quote is free, so get a few to come around.  All seemed to offer various options with packing or not packing included. 

So it is not direct experience, but it was certainly not an "expat" option.