Moving to Brittany, Dept 22

Yuk [+o(], I had heard about it, but I was told it was only around the Portrieux area (still quite close for comfort though)! Hopefully it will have cleared up by the time we get out there.  Any idea how it happened?

Sweet - We are very excited, but also terrified, it's a huge decision and however much you think about it and weigh up the pro's and cons you can never fully know what you are letting yourself into until you try it.  We have visited Brittany many many times and know the area very well.  Dinan is beautiful, we have friends with a house slap bang in the middle so if you ever need to rent somewhere  ...

Karen

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

We're just buying a house in Yvias, not far from Lanvollon.  Initially, we'll use it as our second home, but I'd love to be able to live there sometime.

My grandmother was born in Plouha, and her family came from Plouha, Pludual and Pleguien - all very close to Lanvollon (and Yvias).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi tribalecho, hope your purchase is going well.  I am not  sure where Yvias is, I'll look on the map. I know Plouha well though, it's a lovely village.  Our purchase is looking a bit ropey at the moment.  We were given a couple of months to sell our house in the UK and of course with the market here as it is, we haven't had any offers yet.  The vendor in France may give us more time, but then again...

If it's meant to be it will happen I suppose, but I really really want it to happen!

We are going over in a few weeks to visit relatives in Plouran, which will be torture if we have lost the house. 

Anyway, good luck with your plans and keep your fingers crossed for us!

Best wishes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Floss,

Sorry to hear about your delay - I hope your vendor holds out for you.  We're hoping to complete in 3-4 weeks time.  I think you're right about "if it's meant ot be it will happen".  Others have said the same thing to me many times, and generally I think it's true, but that's not much consolation at the time of a great disappointment.  Hopefully, it won't come to that for you though.

Good luck!