Hi all I'm selling my house here in France privately and moving on to newer places can anyone please tell if I have to organise the future purchasers Notaire or will I just have to tell my own notaire the new person's details and they will represent them as well??

House sales and purchase involve the same notaire and he acts impartially, actually for the State to ensure taxes are paid and there's no dodgy dealings. So you use the same one. It's for you to organise as you have the deeds, etc., so go to the notaire who sold you the house (saves time, he has past records, etc.) and give him the purchaser's details, and leave it to him.

There are some instances where two notaires can be used - we sold to some people who didn't speak any French and the notaire wasn't happy that they understood the proceedings, so we found an English-speaking notaire who dealt with the purchasers and worked with our local notaire, and they shared the cost.

But, most of the time, it's one notaire to do everything and it's up to you to get the ball rolling.