New arrival Indre 36

Hi
I live in Department 36, I'm on the border with Dept 23,
Just off Jnct 21 of the A20 a place called Mazou near Mouhet. My mum and dad who also post on here live in Chaillac and we have many friends in St Benoit, Eguzon way as well as many other hamlets in the surrounding areas.
There are a few posters in Argenton and towards Chatereauoux.
Welcome to the area it's a great place to live !

Have Fun
Pippa

Hi Clive and Agnes

Nice to hear that you have decided on Indre (36) to live. We have been here for the past year _ Meowpoo is my daughter who lives here with her husband. We all love it and we are having a big celebration at Christmas - son and his girlfriend are coming from California and we are having a party on New Years Eve which you are welcome to attend.....there will be a lot more of our friends who live in dept 36 there on that night. Please e mail me and I can give you details if you are interested.

Best of luck for your move. Gail

[email protected]

Hi
This is Ray, Husband of Mavis!!!We are in the process of buying a farm and 10 acres of land at Tournon St Martin (Indre 36). Should be completed by end of January 2003. We would like to make friends with other British people in the area, as well as French ones in time of course, we feel that we will need all the help that we can muster, as our French is not that good !!!!!!! (we are taking lessons,phew???) I have been in the building business all my working life, so might be able to offer some help or advice in return.

Mavis & Ray

• 1 month later...
We are making plans to view a property on the borders of (36) Indre and (87) Haute-Vienne. This is not an area we know, having previously confinded our house hunting to the Midi-Pyrenees. Can anyone living there, or who has a holiday home there, give us an insight into the climate and countryside? (We've read lots of books, buts theres nothing like local knowledge). From the threads on this forum, it seems a beautiful part of the country, is that true?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We completed on a property in Indre last October. It's in Berry but I'm not sure if that's any where near the areas that have been mentioned on this thread.We're about 8 kms north of Valencay. We're delighted with the house and the area and we find out more about it each time we go. We intend to retire there in the future but in the meantime will be letting it.We have travelled there in a variety of ways and haven't yet decided on the 'best' one.It depends if you want to fly, ferry or train.We will be over there in Feb half term and Easter holidays this year(already booked!)
It's good to know that there are other satisfied owners around!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Clive & Agnes,

We purchased a house in October last year, about 8km
south of Argenton, Lovely area and on our last visit at Christmas was invited over by our French neighbours who presented us with some ariel views of our house.
Most of the houses in our hamlet are holiday homes owned by people from Paris used as weekend retreats.
We met alot of them in October who gave us lots of info
about the area. We also heard before Christmas that we are going to have English neighbours as a house near us has just been sold.
Love the area, the Creuse river in October with all the
autumn colours looked fantastic. Youve picked a great area!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi !
We are just in the process of buying a holiday home near Valencay. The estate agent has told us we are the fifth English couple he has sold to recently. We would appreciate contact with owners in this area as we are relative novices and have a host of questions about getting your own property up and running !
Regards,
Paul & Irene Edwards

• 1 month later...
Myself and my husband have been living 4 miles from Argenton-Sur-Creuse, but had to return to england last october due to personel reasons, we have a house and a working gite for sale at the moment which was renovated to a very high standard, if anyone would like any info on the area or maybe even the property we are selling, i would be happy to help or advise the best i can or give contacts of people that can. try e mail or tel 01477-535581.

• 2 months later...
Hi there one and all,

We have recently completed on a property in 36, between Chaillac and Tilly. needs some work, but has 2 acres and potential. Busy trying to sell the property in England, as we are doing the "No going back" routine, and hope to be reasonably self-sufficient. Hopefully, all being well, we will be out finally in mid August, but this relies on the sale of out house in Hampshire. Although after 6 days on the market we have had 8 viewings, which is encouraging.Whatever, we hope to move even if the house here hasn't sold, as we have capital to cover the current mortgage for a few months.

Anyway, Hopefully will be able to keep in touch with some of you in the area, once I get the pc's upgraded to reasonable spec for the future ( that's if I don't break them in moving )

Jerry and Gemma

• 9 months later...
Thanks, but I have trouble hitting the preview button half the time, and it'd probably be unlikely that I would do it. The other thing is that I often spell a perfectly good word, only it isn't the right one...... so doesn't actually come up as a spelling mistake anyway.

I don't mind spelling mistakes...... LOLOLOL probably because I don't see them when other people make them either. Also they are 'me', the warts and all bit.